Tuesday, May 15, 2007

iPodnation

Well, Dr. A posted his iPod playlist and I found out that I have nearly all of the songs that he has on my own iPod. How disturbing/freaky/cool is that? But I also have ones he doesn't have, or didn't allude to for whatever reason.

His post was in response to another blogger's post regarding the anxiety some people fear when sharing what's on their playlist. I can attest to this: Just 2 weeks ago when my whole family (mom, sister AND dad) were in visiting, I was driving and hooked my iPod into the car stereo using the $100 connector I bought from Future Shop (it will mean I don't have to pay more to get it in the Yaris when I get the car). The whole day they were making fun of my music saying it was too slow, too geeky, too lame. My mother likes 70s and stuff like that; Eagles, Beatles, Cat Stevens etc. My sister likes Japanese music from anime's in Japanese which she can't understand, she also likes really odd (I'm resisting the urge to say "stupid") non musical things like plays performed by "emo" 16 year old boys, or other things like that. My dad likes country and western music. That's it. If it's not a cry-in-my-beer-cuz-my-woman-left-me-and-my-dog-got-hit-by-my-best-buddies-truck then he won't listen to it. Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson etc. etc. ad naseum. Needless to say, we never listened to a lot of music growing up due to the fact that mom refuses to tolerate dad's depressing, honky-tonk hillbilly tracks and dad can't stand 70s rock'n roll (too assanine, he says; no story to it).

Back on the subject of iPodophilia, I totally get it and have it. I've been called out before on having a horrible taste in music so I'm usually leery about admitting what I do listen to. Now however, I'm revealing myself. Dear readers, I'm baring it all!

Here is a hint at what's on my iPod:

Amazed - Lonestar
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera (I'd like to note there's a certain doctor here who dictates while listening to this song - and the doctor is a male)
Before he cheats - Carrie Underwood
Strawberry Wine - Deanna Carter
Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls
Flathead - The Fratellis
I don't need a man - Pussycat Dolls
In the End - Linkin Park
Hailey's Song - Eminem
Lullaby - Pan's Labyrinth
Lonely No More - Rob Thomas
This Love - Maroon5
She will be loved - Maroon5
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
White Flag - Dido
Makes Me Wonder - Maroon5
Hells Bells - ACDC
In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins
Vertigo -U2
Desire - U2
Pressure - Billy Joel
Stan - Eminem
Lose yourself - Eminem
Mockingbird - Eminem
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Fireworks - Hamasaki Ayumi
Yellow Submarine - The Beatles
Right Now - Van Halen
Accidentally in Love - Counting Crows
Baby Love Child - Pizzicato Five

I have much more on my notebook at home. If I don't have my PSP with me on the commute to and from work (usually playing Worms), then I'm plugged into my iPod. Helps me forget about the creepy dude on the bus leering at me while rubbing himself.

1 comment:

Dr. A said...

I'll try not to take the same bus with you to work next time. HA! Just kidding....

Great list. You're right it is cool/strange/freaky about the similarity of the lists. It's just great music. Rock on!