Friday, August 31, 2007

Where Were You?




Where were you 10 years ago? Do you remember the moment in time that you heard Princess Diana died?

I do.

I was playing Super Mario Bros. 64 with my sister, my dad watching on and laughing at us. I was on the first world, trying to get one of the stars when my friend who was formally from Scotland called and told us "Princess Diana died". I told my dad, and he sighed and went "Ohh, no. Not her." Then mom wanted to know what happened, she was sad when she heard. We turned the game off and watched the news.

I have tons of stuff; a Time magazine from just a month before she was killed. Collector plates. Articles. Books.

I loved her. She embodied everything I wanted to be. Kind. Generous. Compassionate. Giving. Altruistic. Then, just a short time later Mother Theresa died. Another wonderful woman gone.

I remember where I was.
Do you?

No comments: