So I didn't get them that. Then I tried to get them an embroidered throw blanket but every place I went to had a cut off date for stuff by Christmas of December 7 so I was S.O.L there. I finally found a store that I had known about before which is filled with lots of neat artsy stuff. There's this huge garden fountain with a fairy as its base and fairies above in the fountain - just lovely. Anyway, they had a bunch of Catholic stuff; a few good statues of Mary, about 6 or 7 different types of crucifixes and other stuff; there was even a ROTATING Mary but I figured that would be in the category as my idea for an oscillating Jesus fan and chose not to get that. What I did get was a wall plaque with a round picture of the last supper and the words "Give us this day our daily bread" next to it in bronze. I figured they'd like it since I've seen other ones like it in their house.
All in all I think everyone should be pleased with what I got. The list is:
- Wall plaque for grandparents.
- Cards with grandparents names on them and what their name means.
- Three Clint Eastwood movies for dad.
- T-shirt for dad that reads "Save a Horse ride a cowboy" to go with the one I bought him for father's day which read "They say I have the body of a God...too bad it's Buddha".
- T-shirt for my sister reading "Sword of Mana" (video game).
- Walkthrough guide for Final Fantasy 12 (mom bought her the game for Christmas).
- Oscar Dela Renta (sp) perfume for mom along with ODLR hand lotion etc.
- Little gold cross necklace on chain for Nanny (grandma).
- Cowboy snowman Christmas ornament for dad.
- Sheryl Crowe CD for mom.
- Nightmare before Christmas book ends for Sister.
It only took me 3 1/2 hours to do all my shopping and I only had the urge to kill someone once, right near the end, when I was cut off in line and when I spoke up I got told to shut the ___ up. Oh well, 'tis the Season!
But I am so glad, SO glad I am done. I wanted to pick up a Nintendo DS for my sister but I just can't find one for less than $149 and I'm not prepared to spend that when I don't know for sure she'd really like it. I am however, picking up one game for her she really wants; it's an older game for the Nintendo 64 and I hope, no I'm praying that my 'secret source' has it because I haven't been able to locate it anywhere else.
That will be done Monday before work.