Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Eyes



You know, I never really thought much about my eyes until today when I was looking at one of the pictures I took of myself in my car yesterday; it turned out quite well and with a bit of tweaking in CS3 it looks even better. One thing that stood out (and has in other pictures) are my eyes. There's one photo I have, taken via my webcam, and when I added it as my display picture on MSN a friend in Red Deer Alberta said "Holy shit, what amazing eyes!". On singles sites I've often received e-mails touting the awesomeness of my eyes. Of course, I'd always deleted them and shrugged it off as guys trying to get laid but this picture I took yesterday made me sit up and take notice.
What color are those eyes? To me, they look blue. But then when I look at them again, they look green-y. When I look in the mirror, my eyes are green with gold flecks (I had an ER doc comment on them once; the gold and color of my eyes, something about lovely contrast or something) inside. Sitting in a room, they look greenish-blue. On another image taken from my webcam, they look baby blue.

Is it the lighting? The composition? Shadows? What?

Also, I should mention when I cry or get overly emotional, my eyes turn vivid green. One ex boyfriend described me as the "human mood ring", not necessarily a term I liked.

If eyes are the window to my soul, and I can't figure out what color that window is, does that reflect on the state of my soul?

2 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Beautiful photo. You do indeed have gorgeous eyes. If someone has beautiful eyes, I find myself looking into them and can barely hear what they are saying to me.

SeaSpray said...

Very pretty eyes! They look blue.

I love the color of my eyes when I cry-kind of turquoise blue but other times sea blue or blue gray.

Good question.